Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 1

 Week 1 and I'm struggling through some injuries.  A little while back I hurt my neck/ribs in BJJ.  The other day during some neck strengthening exercises I re-injured it and have been in and out of the chiropractor since.  I'm a bit discouraged but I am still going.  This ROCKTAPE is amazing!  It makes such a difference when I am lifting heavy.  I am very sore but not in pain now.  I will continue to get adjusted and taped up as needed.  Like I assured my trainer, what I lack in natural ability I will always make up for in hard work and effort.  I am starting at about 18.4% body fat this time around.  My goal isn't really a number but rather a look.  I am just praying that the number will be low enough in the end to win and qualify for national transformation this time.
 
1 Corinthians 9:27 Living Bible (TLB)
27 Like an athlete I punish my body, treating it roughly, training it to do what it should, not what it wants to. Otherwise I fear that after enlisting others for the race, I myself might be declared unfit and ordered to stand aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment