Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Friday, August 1, 2014

A New 90 Days.

As I am about to embark on another 90 day fitness challenge I have stopped to contemplate how our lives will adjust to the new schedule.  This time both Eric and myself are in the transformation journey and our goals are to win the national competition as a couple.  That means extra workouts (for both) and very strict eating plans.  Meal prepping, kids activities (homeschool/karate/swimming/etc), early morning/late night lifting before and after work, church, fight classes, etc. all come colliding together starting tomorrow. 
However, I like to view these 90 day challenges as more than just a fitness competition.  To me it encompasses improving all aspect of my life.  It's a great reset to become more disciplined in not just my physical health but also in my spiritual walk, and emotional/mental state.  Health is one way the soul speaks to the world but prayer is the way the Lord speaks to the soul.  I don't want to be healthy for health's sake, but for Heaven's sake.  I want my fitness to be my witness and to allow my testimony of strength to show just how weak I am without Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment