Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Baby Muscles.

This is the first time, ever, that I have muscles to "flex".  They are tiny, but they are growing albeit slowly.  Come September my plans change and I will be lifting differently and eating a lot more.  Looking forward to that!  And I am hoping the extra food will help me sleep better. 
I am still trying to work on my snatch.  I had Merrick come upstairs with me and tweak my form.  He seems to think I am doing better than I realize.  I am still not convinced- but I can start snatching the 35lb bar instead of the tiny pvc pipe.  Fingers crossed I don't drop it on my head.  It's very difficult for me to get out of my head and just do it.  We are working on that as well. 
I am also hoping to see a lot more booty growth.  I am squatting and deadlifting a LOT and I am seeing some growth in my legs but not so much butt yet.  Haha!  I am all about a good butt right now.  I am sure my fellow fight-shapers are tired of me getting excited about any glute workout we have in class!
 It can be difficult to completely let go and trust the process when I am unsure and uneducated as to all of the "whys" and "hows".  But as my husband says, "Trust the Merrick." 

No comments:

Post a Comment