Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 1 MMA Update.

 Yeah, always wrap your hands before punching stuff....

 I think the above pictures speak for themselves.  I feel like a bruised peach, but I guess that's normal.  At least we can tell where my strikes/kicks land.  Considering I feel like an uncoordinated goof during class, I'm at least hitting the right parts of my body to the bag.  Haha! 
This past week has been such a challenge both mentally and physically.  Besides my 9:30am class Merrick is having me add additional workouts in to get completed before class.  I am making it work(think alarms set at 0'dark thirty) and if I'm not working out I'm soaking in hot showers and Epsom salt baths and rubbing muscle relaxing creams on. 
My meal plan has drastically changed.
 Most days I eat eggs and meat for breakfast, meat and salad/veggies for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner.  No snacks, nothing fermented(condiments, dressings, yogurt, etc.), dried fruit, rice cakes, protein shakes and bananas are all on the NOT-TO-EAT list. 
2xs a week I am eating what Merrick calls a Warrior Day.  It consists of mostly seeds, nuts and berries.  No strawberries (I just feed those delicious juicy things to the kids) and I drink 2 gallons of water (to help with muscle recovery) that day, followed my a LONG slowish walk on the treadmill for 2-3hrs.  I set my portable DVD player up and pick out a long movie to watch.  It still gets boring pretty quick and my legs are toast by the end.
 But I'm doing it and sticking to it!  I want to see results more than I want to eat strawberries and peanut butter by the spoonfuls on the couch.  And that's a whole lot at this point!
 Merrick assures me there is a method to this madness and I have put all my trust in his abilities.  He's a smart guy that knows crazy weird stuff and has eaten bugs in Japan(long story).  So he's legit.  And he's probably wondering why he took me on as a client.  I email him all of the time with at least 15 questions a day.  This is just such a new journey for me and I tend to struggle with perfectionism.  Yeah, he laughs at that. 
Anyway, here's to week 2 of MMA training!

PS
It's actually been a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment