Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sore.

Since my devastating results on Thursday, I have literally been working my booty off and eating very strict.  I'll post below what my diet looks like and what my workouts have been like as well.  Today I met with my trainer Cord and had another weigh in.  Praise the Lord, I'm back down to around 22.8%.  Obviously, not where I want to be but at least the numbers are going in the right direction this time.  It was very eye opening to see how MUCH it's important to be super consistent and strict with my eating in these 90 days especially.  Once this is done I will be okay with ordering takeout once a month or so but not when I'm under a timeline with very specific results.  Every time I was tempted by an off-plan food I just kept reminding myself of how terrible it was to lose ground and that my weigh in was today.  That was all the motivation I needed. 
Sunday was heavy leg day before church.  And even though Eric was still out of town we made it!
Monday I got my rear up at 4:45am for early cycle class and a quick (but intense) Bicep/triceps workout.
Today I met with Cord and we did shoulders and back.  I told him I wasn't sore after my last workout with him on Thursday and I think that made him kick my butt even more.  Which I prefer. 
I have no idea how I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow for early morning cycle/core/glutes.  I am so sore- everywhere.  But my goal this week is to get to 20% body fat.  We will see next Tuesday when I weigh in and have another session with my trainer.

Meal Plan Example:
Depends on my workout schedule but here's a rough idea of what I eat on a daily basis-
Chocolate Protein shake w 2tsp PB2 and almond milk
1/2 banana (if we have them)
cycle class
(sometimes it's hard to eat/drink so early in the morning, so I will eat/drink half before class and then finish the rest right after class before I head home)
Breakfast- 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, large amount of steamed broccoli (around 2-3cups), herbal tea- no sugar
Lunch- grilled chicken on top of a large salad w/veggies, 1/2 avocado, nuts, seeds, etc. Balsamic vinegar dressing
Snack around 3pm- protein shake or smoothie.  Sometimes green juice and some nuts.  Apple and pbutter is a fav too.  Just whatever is quick and easy.
Dinner 6:30pm. This varies but it could be meatballs with veggies and some quinoa.  Stir fry w/brn rice.  Lettuce wraps.  Soup.  Pot roast. 
Before bedtime snack is most often pbutter on an apple/celery.  A smoothie or some nuts, tea and fruit.  Just enough to hold me over until bed time. 
I also try to take my vitamins every day which include calcium/magnesium, multi, fish oil.
No wheat, dairy, fried or heavily processed food.  I will sometimes have gluten free Udi's bread for some toast or a sandwich when I am feeling unusually empty. 

My workout schedule also varies depending on how heavy I lift, how sore I am or what I feel needs to be worked.  But here is a rough idea.

Sunday: Heavy legs (start the week off strong)
Monday: Cycle/treadmill, Bis/Tris
Tuesday: Session with Cord
Wednesday: Cycle, Shoulders
Thursday: Legs, glutes, core
Friday:  Off day (this is our library day)
Saturday: Shoulders, core

I also like to sit in the dry sauna after each workout if I have time and stretch.  I foam roll and sit in the hot tub when I am really sore (which I will do tomorrow after my strength training). 

So, there you have it.  It's tough, but I have goals and these 90 days are flying by fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment