Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Turkish Getups.

On my extra workouts I have a section that I have to complete as fast as possible.  I have a new workout in that mix called the Turkish Getup.  Let's just say, it's a lot harder than it looks.  My first 2 workouts I could not even complete 2.  I have 20 each workout.  Pathetic.  Merrick had me practice holding a string.  Not a weighted string.  Just a string.  And it couldn't leave my arm.  To say that I was struggling was an understatement.  But hey, I didn't give up and kept trying.  Good news- on Saturday's workout I completed ALL 20.  With weight.  I can't even tell you how excited I was.  I might or might not have down a fist pump in the middle of the workout floor.  Here's a video on how-to-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK-L2P56zjU

No comments:

Post a Comment