Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A lot is changing.

Tuesday I had my weigh in and it was probably the most discouraging day yet.  I have not budged.  I weighed in at 23.6% body fat and 146lbs.  I actually cried in front of my trainer right then and there.  I just couldn't help it.  6 days a week for 6 weeks straight, no cheating and no progress is exhausting.  I just don't get it.  We finished up our workout and I went home feeling defeated.  That afternoon I went home, cried some more and called my trainer back.  After our conversation I felt more lost than ever with no plan on what to change or what to do differently.  After several conversations with my sister and husband I decided to talk to someone else at lifetime and get a different perspective. 
Wednesday I missed my workout and made a call to the club to talk to a manager/department head.  I ended up talking to Nik and we scheduled a meeting for Thursday after Mathias' swimming lesson.
Thursday morning I headed up to the fitness floor and sat down with Nik for about an hour to brainstorm solutions.  We decided that it was up to me but he suggested I go with a program more specifically designed for shredding body fat that just "getting in shape".  Because, although I have gotten stronger, my numbers and weekly photos don't reflect progress towards my goals.  Later that afternoon, I emailed Nik back that I had decided, that even though my trainer is awesome his specialty is not necessarily to shred body fat past where I currently am- he is very good at things like TEAM weight loss. 
Friday morning, Eric had his MMA class and was approached afterwards by Merrick, his trainer, about my situation.  He had talked to Nik previously and they both agreed that his program would be a better fit to attain my goals. 
Later that morning, I went to talk with Merrick about my goals and frustrations.  His job is to get people down to fight weight/shape and he is also well educated in nutrition.  We agreed for me to join his class starting Tuesday and he will monitor my nutrition for the next 6 weeks.  He said it will be difficult, especially since our time is cut in half but he thinks we can reach my 17% body fat goal and get me nice and lean and strong. 
So, long story short, both Eric and I will be in MMA training.  Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment