Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Thursday, February 13, 2014

This is hard.

This week has been hard.  5:30am spin class when it's -17 out isn't my idea of a ton of fun.  Being sore everywhere, all the time isn't super awesome either.  I want to eat cheese.  Cheese on crackers.  And sourdough bread with my morning tea (which I haven't even had time for).  Yeah, life around here has been....ummm...different.  But.
I have been steadily improving on my strength, endurance and nutrition already and we aren't even past the 1 week mark.  This morning I had a major butt-kicking session with my trainer Cord.  He actually made me want to cry.  A few times.  But it felt good to be strong again and to push myself beyond what my mental capacity for myself has been.  He expects me to BE strong.  And to PUSH hard.  So, this is what my week has looked like so far:

Monday: 5:50am spin class
9:00 leg day (in hindsight I will never pair spin and leg day again)
2 eggs/banana
Huge salad w/veggies & chicken breast
Quinoa/kidney beans
2sm feta/cilantro burger patties on top of raw spinach and tomato slices

Tuesday: I missed my workout due to very crabby kids. So I'll count this as my off day this week.
2 eggs 1/2avocado
Leftover 2 burger patties, raw carrots 1/2avocado
1 bowl chicken chili soup w beans & kale

Wednesday: 5:30 spin class
@home ab workout w/kids
9:00am shoulders
9:30 dry sauna for 10min

1/2 banana & choc protein shake pre cycle
1/2 banana & choc protein shake post cycle
egg whites, 1/2 sm tomato & green onions
protein shake + PB2
Chicken breast, small green apple 1/2 tomato 1/2 avocado
Taco salad: ground beef, veggies/ balsamic dressing

Thursday: 8:45am Workout w trainer
choc protein shake pre workout
turkey, avocado, tom sandwich on Udi's bread
green smoothie w/ avocado, kale, pineapple, almond milk, protein powder, and powdered veggiemix, arugula salad w carrots and lemon dressing


Creating new habits, forming new disciplines aren't easy.  Otherwise, everyone would do it.  Greatness is in doing all of the little things no one else is willing to do.  That's what sets you apart from "normal"

No comments:

Post a Comment