Think About This.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Year. New Goals. 2015.

It's a new year with new goals.  It's nice to know that I won't be doing any fast and furious fitness competitions this year (at least that I know of).  I talked to Merrick and we decided on a long term plan instead.
Of course there will be pit-stops along the way, so-to-speak, to assess and stay motivated.  Overall, this year I am wanting to make more gains.  Followed by a body fat cut at the end of the year.
  We have discovered that my extensive history with long distance cardio has created obstacles in my desire for muscles.  Basically, my body just doesn't know how to put any on and keep them there.  The picture above is the difference between May 2014 and October 2014.  In that time frame I was lifting and eating all the time.  We increased my load so I was lifting very heavy but with few reps and I was eating like a body builder.  Every two-three hours I would chow on (what seemed like) tons of protein and veggies.  Pre and post workouts I would add in carbs in the form of fruit and grains.  It took a lot of time (I prepped all my meals) and I was always sore.  But it was completely worth it!  Especially looking at this side by side photo.  It's hard to see your gains (albeit small) on a daily bases but over time they will show up if you remain consistent.  I also felt pretty good overall during this time.  I slept well and didn't really have to battle cravings.  So, here is to enjoying this year of gradual progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment